President, Graduate Student Senate
Austin Boyd received his BA in Psychology with a minor in Biology from the University of Virginia. He is currently a doctoral student and Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) in the Evaluation, Statistics, and Measurement (ESM) program in the Educational Psychology and Counseling Department. He also serves as a Graduate Teaching Assistant in the ESM program for the Program Evaluation and Statistics in Applied Fields courses. When not at school, he works part-time as a substitute teacher in Virginia elementary schools and as a test item writer for the Psychological Services Bureau.
- Austin’s research interests include psychometric analyses and their use to improve standardized assessments, and more recently how network analyses can be used to improve organizational communication and effectiveness. As a GRA, he is currently working on a project to assess the relationship between collegiate quality and higher education law school rankings.
- BA in Psychology with a minor in Biology from the University of Virginia
- Graduate Student Senate Legislative Steering Chair, 2019-2020
- Educational Psychology and Counseling Department Representative, 2019-2020
Awards and Recognitions
- Phi Kappa Phi inductee, 2019
- First Place in the A-m-sing Competition held by the Consortium for the Advancement of Undergraduate Statistics Education, 2019
- University of Tennessee Four Year Graduate School Fellowship, 2018
- Psi Chi inductee, 2018/li>
- University of Virginia Small Research and Travel Grant, 2018
- Boyd, A. T., Schmidt, K. M., & Bergeman, C. S. (in press). You know what they say about when you assume: Testing the robustness of invariant comparisons. Journal of Applied Measurement.
- Rocconi, L. & Boyd, A. T. (2019, November). Examining the Relationship between Law School Rank and Student Engagement. Paper presented at the Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE) Conference, November 14-16, Portland, Oregon.
- Rocconi, L. & Boyd, A. T. (2019, November). Examining the Relationship between Law School Rank and Student Engagement. Paper presented at the AccessLex Legal Education Research Symposium, November 11-12, Orlando, Florida.
- Boyd, A. T. & Butler, B. M. (2019, October). Paving the way to an effective resume: Standardizing the resume and CV formats. Poster presented at the annual Society for the Teaching of Psychology International Twitter Poster Conference, Online.
- Boyd, A. T., Schmidt, K. M., & Bergeman, C. S. (2018, April). You know what they say about when you assume: Testing the robustness of invariant comparisons. Paper presented at the International Objective Measurement Workshop (IOMW) Conference, April 10-11, New York, New York.
- Boyd, A. T. (2012, September) Knowing Your Leadership Styles. Workshop lead at JROTC Leadership Conference, September 25, Prince William County, VA.