The Graduate Student Senate’s annual election of officers (President and Vice President) will be held online April 19 -23, 2021. This is an open call for candidates. These elected officers will serve a term of one year, May 2021 – April 2022. The duties of both the President and Vice President are outlined in the GSS Bylaws (Article III).
- Must be currently enrolled in one or more credit hours and in good academic standing in the Graduate School, College of Veterinary Medicine, or College of Law.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student for no less than two consecutive semesters (excluding summer) following the elections, with flexibility to attend regularly scheduled meetings in the role of GSS President or Vice President.
- Committed to working diligently, advocating on behalf of all graduate and professional students, and serving as official representatives of the Graduate Student Senate.
- Willing to carry out the duties and responsibilities in accordance with the GPSA Constitution and GSS Bylaws (https://gss.utk.edu/gss-bylaws-constitution/ ).
The role of an elected officer affords a unique glimpse into the complex network of individuals and offices across campus and affords opportunities to meet and work closely with key administrators. In addition, a stipend (paid out over 10 months) is allocated for the officers in the total amount of $3,000 for the President and $2,000 for the Vice President.
Candidate Application/Letter of Intent
- Position for which you would like to run (either President or Vice President)
- Copy of your resume, including your leadership experience (including GSS service)
- Short statement of intent (i.e. explain to the electorate why you would like to be elected).
All emails of intent must be submitted by Monday, April 12 @ 5 p.m.
Voting will take place from April 19 – 23. Announcements will be made the following week.