Shahram Hatefi Hesari received his BS in Electrical Engineering from Shiraz University and MS in Electrical Engineering from Amirkabir University of Technology - Tehran Polytechnic. He is currently a PhD Student and Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (GTA/GRA) in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Teaching assistant in the Tennessee Governor’s School for the Sciences and Engineering and also mentor for Young Scholars Program (YSP) in the Center for Ultra-Wide-Area Resilient Electric Energy Transmission Networks (CURENT).
- Biosensors and Biomedical Device Applications
- Low-power Integrated Circuit Design
- Analog/Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuit Design
- RF Microelectronics
- Monolithic Sensors
- Nanotechnology and Molecular Scale Electronics
- Semiconductor Device Modeling
Awards and Recognitions
- Chancellor's Award for Extraordinary Professional Promise, The University of Tennessee, 2019
- Graduate Student Senate (GSS), The University of Tennessee , “Excellence in Service” award 2019
- USNC-URSI 2019 Travel Fellowship to attend the U.S. National Committee for the International Union of Radio Science (“USNC-URSI”) National Radio Science Meeting in Boulder, Colorado, January 9 –12, 2019 (“NRSM 2019”)
- Chancellor's Top-Off Student Award, Academic Year 2018-2019
- EECS Department Excellence Fellowship Award, The University of Tennessee, Academic Year 2017-2018
- Chancellor's Award for Extraordinary Professional Promise, The University of Tennessee, 2018
- Graduate Student Senate (GSS) Travel Award
- Yuan, Song, Hanfeng Wang, Shahram Hatefi Hesari, Samira Shamsir, and Syed Kamrul Islam. "A Monolithic Low-Power Highly Linear pH Measurement System With Power Conditioning System for Medical Application." IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement (2018).
Conferences Presentation and publication
- Shahram. H.hesari, Ava Hedayatipour, Shaghayegh Aslanzadeh, and Syed K. Islam. "Ultra-Low-Power OTA for Biomedical Applications." In 2019 United States National Committee of URSI National Radio Science Meeting (USNC-URSI NRSM), pp. 1-2. IEEE, 2019.
- Wang, Hanfeng, Shahram H. Hesari, Samira Shamsir, and Syed K. Islam. "MICS Band Digital Voltage-Controlled Oscillator (DVCO) for Low-Power Biomedical Data Transmission." In 2019 United States National Committee of URSI National Radio Science Meeting (USNC-URSI NRSM), pp. 1-2. IEEE, 2019.
- Aslanzadeh, Shaghayegh, Ava Hedayatipour, Shahram Hatefi Hesari, and Nicole McFarlane. "A Low-Power Voltage-Clamped CMOS pH to Frequency Sensor." In 2019 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2019.
- Shamsir, Samira, Shahram H. Hesari, Syed K. Islam, Ifana Mahbub, S. A. Pullano, and A. S. Fiorillo. "Instrumentation of a pyroelectric transducer based respiration monitoring system with wireless telemetry." In 2018 IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC), pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2018.