Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning
- Self/WeaklySupervisedLearning, Reinforcement Learning.
May 2022 PhD Candidate in Electrical Engineering, University of Tennessee-Knoxville, TN, USA (GPA=3.96)
Sep. 2014 Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (GPA=3.65) Sep. 2012 Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran (GPA=3.88)
- Board Member, Graduate Student Senate, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2020-2021.
- Board Member, SYSTERS organization board, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2019-2020.
Present Sep 2018
Graduate Research Assistant, UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE, Knoxville-United States
- Open-set Recognition: Addressed the incomplete knowledge at training time and submission of unknown classes during testing, resulted in an ECCV paper.
- Image Segmentation: Led a team of 3 in a project funded by IARPA to perform Semantic Segmentation of satellite imagery through different Machine Learning and Deep Learning models, resulted in three papers.
- Hyperspectral Image Classification: Developed a few shot transfer learning for image classification, resulted in two papers.
- Image Super-resolution : Addressed remote sensing image pansharpening through an attention-based network, resulted in one paper.
- Multi-view Semantic Stereo: Led a team of 4 participating in IEEE GRSS Data Fusion Contest and conducted depth estimation, semantic segmentation, and multi-view fusion.
- Deep Reinforcement Learning: Developed a deep reinforcement learning model to master the game of Quoridor.
- Instance Segmentation: Participated in a group of 4 in Space Net challenge to address instance segmentation of satellite imagery.
- Image Classification: Participated in a group of 3 in Functional Map of the World (FMoW) challenge to address land-use satellite imagery classification.
- Data Collection: Collected ground truth for semantic segmentation of satellite imagery using QGIS.
- Deep Learning Machine Learning Image Classification/Segmentation Reinforcement Learning
Present Aug 2020
Graduate Teaching Assistant, UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE, Knoxville-United States
May 2015 Sep 2012
Graduate Research Assistant, SHARIF UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, Tehran-Iran
- Event Recognition in Traffic Videos using Topic Models.
- 3D Reconstruction of an Object from Multiple Views.
- Recognition of Facial Expression.
Awards and Recognitions
- Tennessee’sTop100 Fellowships,University of Tennessee,2018-Present.
- Grace Hopper Celebration student scholarship award, 2019.
- Outstanding paper award,ICSPIS2016.
- Top0.1% among +40k in graduate nationwide entrance exam, 2012.
- Top0.5% among +300k in undergraduate nationwide entrance exam, 2008.
Y. Qu, R. Kaviani Baghbaderani, H. Qi, C. Kwan, “Unsupervised Pansharpening Based on Self-Attention Mechanism”, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing (TGRS), 2020.
Y.Qu,R.KavianiBaghbaderani,W.Li,L.Gao,H.Qi,“Physically-ConstrainedTransferLearningthrough Shared Abundance Space for Hyperspectral Image Classification”, Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing (TGRS), 2020.
R. Kaviani Baghbaderani, Y. Qu, H. Qi, C. Stutts, “Representative-Discriminative Learning for Open-set Land Cover Classification of Satellite Imagery”, European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), 2020. ∠ R.KavianiBaghbaderani,H.Qi,“IncorporatingSpectralUnmixinginSatelliteImagerySemanticSeg-mentation”, International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), 2019.
R. Kaviani Baghbaderani, F. Wang, C. Stutts, Y. Qu, H. Qi, “Hybrid Spectral Unmixing in Land-cover Classification”, IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2019.
Y.Qu,R.KavianiBaghbaderani,H.Qi,“Few shot Hyper spectral Image Classification through Multitask Transfer Learning”, 10th Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing (WHISPERS), 2019.
Y,Song,Z.Zhang,R.KavianiBaghbaderani,F.WangC.Stutts,H.Qi,“Land-coverClassificationforSa- tellite Images through 1D CNN”, 10th Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing (WHIS-PERS), 2019.
R. Kaviani Baghbaderani, P. Ahmadi, I. Gholampour, “A New Method for Traffic Density Estimation based on Topic Model”, ”, IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and Intelligent Systems(ICSPIS), 2016.
P. Ahmadi, R. Kaviani Baghbaderani, I. Gholampour, “A Hierarchical Motion Pattern Mining Method for Traffic Scene Understanding”, IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and IntelligentSystems (ICSPIS), 2016.
R.KavianiBaghbaderani,P.Ahmadi,I.Gholampour,“AutomaticAccidentDetectionusingTopicMo-dels”, 23rd Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE), 2015. P.Ahmadi,R.KavianiBaghbaderani,I.Gholampour,M.Tabandeh,“ClusteringImprovementviaInte-grating with Sparse Topical Coding”, 23rd Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE), 2015.
P.Ahmadi,R.KavianiBaghbaderani,I.Gholampour,M.Tabandeh,“ModelingTrafficMotionPatterns via Non-negative Matrix Factorization”, IEEE International Conference on Signal and Image Processing Applications (ICSIPA), 2015.
R.KavianiBaghbaderani,P.Ahmadi,I.Gholampour,“IncorporatingFullySparseTopicModelsforAbnormality Detection in Traffic Videos”, 4th International eConference on Computer and Knowledge En- gineering (ICCKE), 2014.