- Must be currently enrolled in one or more credit hours and in good academic standing in the Graduate School, College of Veterinary Medicine, or College of Law.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student for no less than two consecutive semesters (excluding summer) following the elections, with the flexibility to attend regularly scheduled meetings in the role of GSS President or Vice President.
- Committed to working diligently, advocating on behalf of all graduate and professional students, and serving as official representatives of the Graduate Student Senate.
- Willing to carry out the duties and responsibilities in accordance with the GSS Constitution and Bylaws.
The role of an elected officer affords a unique glimpse into the complex network of individuals and offices across campus and affords opportunities to meet and work closely with key administrators. In addition, a stipend (paid out over 10 months) is allocated for the officers in the total amount of $3,000 for the President and $2,000 for the Vice President.
Candidate Application/Letter of Intent
- Expected Graduation Date
- Position for which you would like to run (either President or Vice President)
- Copy of your resume or CV, including your leadership experience and campus involvements (including GSS service)
- A short statement of intent (i.e. explain to the electorate why you would like to be elected, 250 words or less).
All emails of intent must be submitted by Tuesday, April 5th at midnight. Submissions that do not meet the deadline and/or the criteria listed above will not be reviewed.
Voting will take place from April 8 until April 18 at 11:59 p.m. The formal announcement of election results will be made the following week.
The newly elected President and Vice President will be sworn-in during the last GSS meeting of the year, which will take place on April 21st at 5:30 pm in SU 169.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the election process or procedures.